Swanie slowly slid the soft white fabric of her traditional Nigwa dress back and forth between her thumb and forefinger. It felt so smooth and elegant. She couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever feel anything like it again. "Alright girls, straighten up. Let's look proper, it's almost time." Miss Connely swiftly walked down the line of girls making minor corrections where she saw fit. She was quite a sight to see in action. She seemed to glide down the line as if not paying attention in the slightest, and then suddenly catch something out of place, correct it, and continue down the line. She'd certainly seen her fair share of Nigwas. Swanie tensed up a bit as Miss Connely approached. She let go of the dress, and then immediately looked down to make sure that her hands hadn't left a smudge. She had washed them several times before putting it on, even though mother had told her once was enough. Miss Connely sped by her without stopping. A small smile crept across Swanie's face. Swanie felt a small tug on her long braid of hair. "Don't mess up my hair," she wispered as she turned around. "She didn't stop on either of us!" Colia whispered back, not paying the slightest attention to Swanie's scolding. Colia was Swanie's best friend. They lived in adjoining clusters since their families were building a history. Miss Connely had allowed them to be next to each other in line; partly because they behaved so well when together, and partly because they behaved so poorly when apart. Swanie was about to reply to Colia when she heard a dull horn sound. The ground beneath her shifted slightly and she felt a deep vibration as the giant doors began to open in front of them. A blinding white light streamed in forcing her to avert her eyes while they adjusted. For sixteen years she'd seen images, heard stories, and watched processions in front of it on the vid screens. For the last two years shed rehearsed for her Nigwa in mocked up versions of it. Now, on her day of Nigwa, it consumed the skyline in front of her. It was more impressive then she could've imagined. The temples three archways rose up against the clouds as if challenging the Gods themselves. Their ivory white seemed to gleam even brighter than Swanies Nigwa dress. The undersides were etched with splintering deep blue sachoya, which was familliar to her from all of the images she had seen. But images could not portray the brilliance with wich the light reflected off of the sachoya, giving it the appearence of lightning, raining down from the heavens. The girl in front of Swanie began to walk, and before she could even think, Swanie's legs began to follow suit. It was as if the genes of her ancestors had been awakened by the horn, and her body already knew what to do. Just as they had years ago, she too would perform her rite of Nigwa. Tomorrow held no promise, nor did the day after that. But today... today she would become a woman. Today her tribe would pay her the respects of the elders. And with all of the strength of the elders, she straighted up, and walked out into the light.